- Drive with lights on LOW beam. High beams will reflect off the fog, creating a "white wall" effect.
- Reduce your speed - and watch your speedometer. Fog creates a visual illusion of slow motion when you may actually be speeding.
- Avoid crossing traffic lanes.
- Travel with the drivers window partially open. Listen for traffic.
- Watch for CHP pace cars to guide you.
- If your car is disabled or you cant continue, pull well onto the shoulder and turn off lights. Move away from your vehicle.
- Consider postponing your trip until the fog lifts.