THE EXPLORER PROGRAM
2014 State Capital Explorer Competition
Up to five scholarships will be available for award to successful participants. These scholarships will be awarded
on Sunday at the awards ceremony.
Please read the following criteria for the scholarship application process:
- High School Seniors, Graduates or equivalent
- GPA of 3.0 or better (proof required with photocopy of last transcripts)
- Furthering their education towards a career in public safety
- Letter of recommendation (from someone outside of the Post agency)
- Your Post must be enrolled and paid in this year’s competition.
- You must be an active member in good standing with your Post, and must have a letter
of recommendation from your Post Advisor.
- Your scholarship application and required documentation must be postmarked by April 1, 2014,
and received by the end of business on April 10, 2014 in order to be considered for the
scholarship portion of the competition. Scholarship applications should be mailed to
the following address:
601 N. 7th Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
- You must submit a typed essay of no more than 300 words that details your career goals,
describes your process for obtaining these goals, and explains how the scholarship funds
will be used toward obtaining your scholastic goals.
- The field of candidates will be narrowed to 10 by the first day of the competition. The
selected candidates will be notified that day and will participate in an oral interview
on Saturday. Attire for the interview will be the Explorer Dress Uniform, or other
appropriate attire. The review panel will make the final determination of which Explorers
will receive scholarships. The winning Explorers will be announced and awarded their
scholarships during the awards ceremony on Sunday.
- ONLY COMPETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. IF YOUR APPLICATION IS INCOMPLETE, IT MAY
DISQUALIFY YOU FROM COMPETITION IN THE SCHOLARSHIP PHASE.
Return to Explorers Competition Homepage