Public Safety Dispatchers
Voices of Assistance
Here with Pride and Commitment!
The initial step to begin our selection process and take the written exam is to complete the
STD 678 - Examination/Employment Application
and submit it by mail to the Selection Standards and
Examinations Unit. (ONLY DURING SPECIFIC TIME WINDOWS) The forms below will be used
later in the process as more information is needed from the applicant to progress through the testing
and evaluation process.
Chrome and Firefox browser users may have difficulty downloading these PDFs. If you find you are having difficulty, please
use the Internet Explorer browser to download these documents.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION FORMS
Once you have successfully passed the written test and Dispatch Qualification Appraisal Interview, you may enter the background
investigation phase of the selection process. As part of the background investigation, each document listed below, if applicable,
must be collected and one copy of each document be provided to the background investigator. The process of obtaining these
documents can be very time consuming. The background investigator is required to see the original, the copy will be kept in your
background investigation file.
- Current California Driver License
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (U.S. Passport, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship, Form N-560 or N561)
- Social Security Card
- Marriage Certificate
- Dissolution of Marriage Documents
- Separation from Military Document (DD214)
- Selective Service Card (www.SSS.gov)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- Official High School Transcripts (original with seal of authenticity)
- College Diploma(s)
- Official College Transcripts (original with seal of authenticity)
- CHP 432B - Authorization to Release Information
For information regarding exams:
Call to speak with a recruiter at:
(916) 843-3275 or (888) 422-4756
Or, visit the California Human Resources web site.
Return to Public Safety Dispatcher Homepage
For questions about the Recruiting Process, speak with a Recruiter by calling (888) 422-4756.