Collision Report - CHP 190

​A proper Party of Interest (i.e. Driver, Passenger, Property Owner, Vehicle Owner, Parent of Minor, or Legal Guardian) may request a copy of a CHP collision report/investigation, without having to go to the CHP Area office where the collision report was filed. Print and complete form CHP 190 and submit in person or mail to your nearest Area office.

CHP 190 - Collision Request Form(PDF)

​Form Instructions

      • Collision/Incident Date: If you do not know the exact date, provide an approximate date.

      • Collision/Incident Location: If you do not know the exact location, list as much information as possible.

      • Driver or Owner: List the driver or owner of the vehicle. If only your property was damaged, please list your name and address.

      • Party of Interest: PLEASE CHECK ONLY ONE BOX. The most common Parties of Interest are: Driver, Passenger, Property Owner, Vehicle Owner, Parent of Minor, or Legal Guardian of an individual. If you are not sure you are entitled to a copy of the report/investigation, please contact any CHP Area office to verify whether you are a proper Party of Interest.

  • Applicant: Print your name in this box.

  • Number and Street, City, State, and Zip Code

  • Agency/Company: Applies to government entities or insurance companies.

  • Signature

  • Submit applicable fees.


​Additional Instructions


Photocopy your driver license or picture identification card and attach it to your request for a collision report. If you do not have either of these forms of identification, then, the CHP 190 form must be certified by a notary. Once the CHP has your request and verified you are a proper party of interest, a copy of the report will be mailed to your address upon receipt of payment.


Supporting Page
Back to Top