1. Always lock your vehicle.
2. Always utilize anti-theft devices.
3. Always park your vehicle in a well-lighted area at night.
4. Always make sure you receive an ownership certificate when purchasing a used vehicle.
5. Never leave your keys in your vehicle.
6. Never hide a spare ignition key on the vehicle.
7. Install an audible alarm system.
8. When possible, park your vehicle in a secure garage.
9. Beware of your surroundings prior to leaving your vehicle.
10. NMVTIS Consumer Protection Video (English)
11. NMVTIS Consumer Protection Video (Spanish)
12. NMVTIS Website Link