Reporting Drunk Drivers

vehicle stopKeeping the highways and freeways safe for everyone is the job of the California Highway Patrol, but sometimes you'll see a car weaving dangerously down the road - someone who appears to be driving under the influence.   Now, you can help get a dangerous driver off the road. 

If you have a passenger in your car, have them dial 9-1-1, and give the dispatcher your location, speed, and details about the dangerous car on the road - but be sure to keep yourself safe.  If you're alone in your car, witnessing a dangerous driver, be sure to pull over or use your hands-free device to dial 9-1-1. Again, always be safe, don't get too close to the offender, but provide as much detail as you can.

​Get drunk drivers off the road by dialing 9-1-1 and reporting them - before it's too late.

Our Partner Agencies


The Office of Traffic Safety, the Department of Motor Vehicles, Caltrans, Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, and local law enforcement want everyone to drive safely and responsibly. 


Supporting Page
Back to Top