(850) Victorville


(760) 241-1186


14210 Amargosa Road
Victorville , CA 92395


8:00AM - 5:00PM
8:00AM - 5:00PM
8:00AM - 5:00PM
8:00AM - 5:00PM
8:00AM - 5:00PM


The California Highway Patrol (CHP) Victorville Area is proud to serve the High Desert communities of Apple Valley, Victorville, Hesperia, Phelan, Pinon Hills, Lucerne Valley, Wrightwood, Silver Lakes, Helendale, Ore Grande, Spring Valley Lake, Oak Hills and Adelanto. As part of the CHP’s Inland Division, the Victorville Area encompasses approximately 1,700 square miles and patrols portions of Interstate 15, State Route 138, State Route 2, State Route 173, State Route 18, State Route 247, US 395 and hundreds of miles of unincorporated county roadways within San Bernardino County.

We provide the community with a variety of safety programs to include; Start Smart for newly licensed teenage drivers, Age Well Drive Smart for our senior citizens, and assistance with the installation of child safety seats. For additional information on all Traffic Safety Programs the CHP has to offer, click the Programs and Services tab above.

Office Map

​Commander’s Message:

On behalf of the dedicated men and women of the California Highway Patrol serving the Victorville Area, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our Web page. Within this site, you will find helpful information about our Area, its organizational structure, and the services we provide.
The Victorville Area has a diverse workforce comprised of 25 sworn officers, 5 Sergeants, a civilian support staff of 5 members and 38 Senior Volunteers. Every member is dedicated and responsible for accomplishing our mission of providing the highest level of Safety, Service, and Security to the communities we serve. Each employee of the CHP is paramount in accomplishing our mission, and strives for excellence and professionalism through our partnerships within our communities, government entities, and allied agencies. We are constantly developing and participating in proactive community-based strategies, as a means to promote safe, vital, and healthy communities. The communities we serve have entrusted us with the education and promotion of traffic safety, enforcement of laws and regulations, and implementation of additional safety programs. To demonstrate our commitment, we voluntarily submitted to an external objective evaluation of departmental operations by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). CALEA accreditation recognizes the CHP on an international level for its high standards, sound policies and procedures. The CHP including our Academy and Communications Centers are proud to be accredited through the CALEA Accreditation Program.

Whether you are traveling on one of our many freeways, traversing a two-lane highway, CHP officers are on patrol and providing service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We seek your comments and concerns on matters where we can improve. You can contact us by calling the Victorville Area office at (760) 241-1186.




​There are no events at this time.



Can I get a copy of a CHP investigated collision report at any CHP office?Can I get a copy of a CHP investigated collision report at any CHP office?<p>​Yes. Any CHP office will be able to get a copy of a CHP collision report or arrange for one to be mailed to your address.</p><p>For example, if you live in Los Angeles and were involved in a collision in Redding, California, you can go into any CHP office in Southern California and have them obtain a copy of your collision report from the Redding CHP office, or arrange for the collision report to be mailed to your home or business address.</p>
How do I get a VIN inspection/verification? How do I get a VIN inspection/verification? <p>​An appointment is required, and certain documents must be brought to the appointment by the vehicle owner. </p><p>Call <a href="/_layouts/15/FIXUPREDIRECT.ASPX?WebId=76bdb9c2-3652-4bd5-b330-1eb3d8127efd&TermSetId=60be2733-c40e-4f75-96cc-b67d4d71e190&TermId=ba6245fa-99af-41be-867f-f9f16cb25740">your local CHP Area office </a>to obtain further details and schudule an appointment. </p>
How do I get help with a Child Safety Seat?How do I get help with a Child Safety Seat?<p>​You can contact <a href="/_layouts/15/FIXUPREDIRECT.ASPX?WebId=76bdb9c2-3652-4bd5-b330-1eb3d8127efd&TermSetId=60be2733-c40e-4f75-96cc-b67d4d71e190&TermId=ba6245fa-99af-41be-867f-f9f16cb25740">your nearest CHP Area Office</a>, and schedule an appointment for assistance.  </p>
How long does my child need to ride in a child passenger restraint system (car seat)? How long does my child need to ride in a child passenger restraint system (car seat)? <p><strong>​All children must ride in an appropriate car seat or booster seat until they reach age 8, or are at least 4 feet, 9 inches in height.</strong><br> Once a child has reached the above threshold, they may ride without a car seat using a standard seatbelt. However, the CHP encourages you use your best judgment when deciding to take the child out of a car seat or booster. If the seatbelt does not fit the child appropriately (i.e.: crossing the child's neck, sitting across the abdomen instead of the hips, etc.), we recommend you keep your child in a booster seat until they are tall enough to ride safety without it.<br> When in doubt, schedule a car seat inspection at any of our CHP offices for free!</p>
How much does the CHP charge for a copy of a collision report?How much does the CHP charge for a copy of a collision report?<p> </p><p>​​The CHP charges only a nominal fee to cover reproduction costs (To determine the cost of your report, please contact the CHP office where the report was filed). The CHP charges the following for collision reports:</p><ul><li>$10.00 — 01 - 25 pages</li><li>$20.00 — 26 - 50 pages</li><li>$30.00 — 51 - 75 pages</li><li>$40.00 — 76 - 100 pages</li><li>$10.00 — Over 100 - for each additional 25 pages or portion thereof </li></ul><p>**There is no extra charge for handling or mailing. Your personal check or money order must be sent with your request and made out to the California Highway Patrol. Please place the report number on your check, if you know it. NO CASH PLEASE if you are requesting the report by mail.  We do not accept Credit or Debit cards at this time. </p><p> </p>
I will be traveling to California and want to carry my weapon. I currently have a concealed weapon permit. How can I legally transport my weapon while driving through the state? I will be traveling to California and want to carry my weapon. I currently have a concealed weapon permit. How can I legally transport my weapon while driving through the state? <p>​California law does not recognize concealed weapon permits from other states; therefore, they would not be held valid. If you wish to transport a handgun during your California visit, it should be carried unloaded in a locked container. In the absence of a suitable container, you may secure the unloaded handgun in the locked trunk of a passenger car. Ammunition may be kept in the same container or trunk, but the handgun must remain unloaded with no rounds in the cylinder and no loaded magazines in the magazine well. <br><br>If you have additional questions, contact the California Department of Justice at (916) 227-3703. </p>


Location Page