(240) Oroville


(530) 538-2700


2072 Third Street
Oroville , CA 95965


8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

​The Oroville Area serves the south region of Butte County providing safety, service, and security to over 69,000 residents, commuters, and tourists.  Our officers patrol State Route 70, 99, 162, and 149 as well as approximately 900 miles of unincorporated county roadways and 56,000 acres of state property within the Oroville Wildlife Area.  Additionally, officers patrol over 50 state facilities to include the world famous Oroville Dam.  The Dam and its subsidiaries provide water for 23 million people and generate an average of 6,500 gigawatt hours of hydroelectricity annually.

We offer a several programs aimed at keeping the public safe on the highway.  Contact our office for information on how to safely
buckle kids in their safety seats; teach new drivers the challenges of the road; or learn new tips for driving at night, in bad weather, and in high volume traffic.  Thank you for taking the time to visit our Website.  Click Programs & Services above to learn more about the many traffic safety programs the CHP offers.

The office is located off State Route 70 on 3rd Street within the city limits of Oroville.  From the south, take the Grand Avenue exit and continue straight after stopping at the stop sign at the top of the off-ramp.  The office is on the right just before the Home Depot. From the north, take the Nelson Avenue/Grand Avenue exit and turn left on Nelson Avenue and then right on 3rd Street.  The office is on the left just past the Home Depot.

​CHP Oroville Photos



CHP Helicopterhttps://www.chp.ca.gov/ValleyDivisionSite/PublishingImages/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=131CHP Helicopter
CHP SUV Oroville Areahttps://www.chp.ca.gov/ValleyDivisionSite/PublishingImages/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=114CHP SUV Oroville Area


Location Page
Back to Top