(295) Amador

Amador Office


(209) 223-4890


301 Clinton Road
Jackson , CA 95642-2663


8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

​The Amador Area Office of the California Highway Patrol is located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range, in scenic Amador County.  During the Gold Rush, over half of the gold mined in California came from Amador County and quickly became known as the Mother Lode.  The County encompasses over 600 square miles with a population of approximately 38,000 people.  The elevations range from approximately 250 to over 9,000 feet above sea level.  There is a vast array of terrains and landscapes within the county, from rolling grasslands to snow covered mountain peaks.

One of the unusual features of Amador County is there are no freeways.  With approximately 126 miles of State Highways and 410
miles of county maintained roadways, we have adapted our approach to vehicle code enforcement.  The majority of the roads are two-lane mountainous roadways, typically with snow during the winter months above the 2,000 foot level.  The make-up of the local economic base includes tourism, mining, timber, retail, livestock,  a growing wine industry and a casino/hotel resort.  The County has several large lakes for summer recreation and fishing, and numerous off-road vehicle use areas.  State Highway 88, which traverses a large portion of Amador County, is also the main corridor to the Kirkwood Mountain Ski Resort.  Last but not least, the Area is rich in historical communities of the by-gone Gold Rush era, such as Sutter Creek, which still has an active working gold mine, and Dry Town.

​Contact your local CHP officer:

​Benjamin Ibarra

Public Information Officer




How do I find out about Start Smart Classes for Teenage Drivers?How do I find out about Start Smart Classes for Teenage Drivers?<p>​<a href="/_layouts/15/FIXUPREDIRECT.ASPX?WebId=76bdb9c2-3652-4bd5-b330-1eb3d8127efd&TermSetId=60be2733-c40e-4f75-96cc-b67d4d71e190&TermId=ba6245fa-99af-41be-867f-f9f16cb25740">Contact your local CHP Area Office</a> for upcoming Start Smart Classes. </p>
How do I get a VIN inspection/verification? How do I get a VIN inspection/verification? <p>​An appointment is required, and certain documents must be brought to the appointment by the vehicle owner. </p><p>Call <a href="/_layouts/15/FIXUPREDIRECT.ASPX?WebId=76bdb9c2-3652-4bd5-b330-1eb3d8127efd&TermSetId=60be2733-c40e-4f75-96cc-b67d4d71e190&TermId=ba6245fa-99af-41be-867f-f9f16cb25740">your local CHP Area office </a>to obtain further details and schudule an appointment. </p>
How do I get help with a Child Safety Seat?How do I get help with a Child Safety Seat?<p>​You can contact <a href="/_layouts/15/FIXUPREDIRECT.ASPX?WebId=76bdb9c2-3652-4bd5-b330-1eb3d8127efd&TermSetId=60be2733-c40e-4f75-96cc-b67d4d71e190&TermId=ba6245fa-99af-41be-867f-f9f16cb25740">your nearest CHP Area Office</a>, and schedule an appointment for assistance.  </p>



Location Page
Back to Top